Kitchen Tools For Meal Prep

Being a wiz in the kitchen isn’t everyone's forte, and it never was mine. But when you’re working on putting on lean muscle, you know diet is essential, and that means cooking for yourself. I’ve packed on more muscle by making my own food and knowing exactly what is going into my body, instead of leaving it up to someone else and hoping they got it right. That way I am sure to only consume whole foods and high quality supplements.

Two essential things to know when you’re trying to cook up some big muscle in the kitchen are what you’re eating, and what tools will need to help you make the best of your food.

If I had to guess, I would say that I’m about 97% sweet potato. I joke about this, but in reality, sweet potatoes are my main source of carbohydrates. This means I’m packing in the sweet potatoes as I’m packing on the muscles.

And no, I never get bored of them.

That’s because I found 45 different ways, all in my book, The Sweet Potato Diet, to prepare them. All of these recipes are so simple (just the way I like it) and work towards a leaner, stronger body. Most of them only contain few ingredients and are super quick to make. There are so many different ways to cook with a sweet potato that you will never get tired of it! If you have the right tools, every meal can be interesting, delicious, and easy to make. This alone will help make sure you stay on track.

One of my favorite tools to cook with is the spiralizer, because it makes food fun and allows me to cook with the sweet potato in ways I would otherwise not be able to. My sweet potato burger buns are a perfect example of how I fit this super carb into my diet by using the spiralizer. To make these delicious “buns”, all you need is a sweet potato and a vegetable spiralizer. The spiralizer is a great kitchen tool that shreds the sweet potato down to strings. Mix those strings with a few choice ingredients to create a delicious “bun” and throw it in a cast iron skillet. These sweet potato buns are so delicious (and fun!) that you will forget you’re not eating bread but are instead working towards your goals.

A second tool that I cannot live without is the very one I mentioned above, and that is the cast iron skillet. One of the reasons I love the cast iron skillet is because of the delicious taste it gives to any protein that I put in it. There is just something about that right off the grill taste that is irresistible. Plus it allows me to cook and sear all of my proteins at a higher temperature than your average skillet. When you can cook your protein at a higher level, it can give it a nice savory flavor that you just can’t get in a typical skillet. I cook all of my burgers, chicken, and ground beef in cast iron. And with the volume of protein that I go through, having it taste good and to have it be easy to cook it is a must. When you are trying to control what you eat, and you have to eat a lot of a certain food, the last thing you want is to get tired of it due to bland taste.

My last kitchen tool for easy meal prep is a blender. I’m busy, and I don’t want to miss a meal when I’m bulking, so protein shakes are a must. Getting enough protein is essential, and I’m not always able to have a burger in the car, or chicken and sweet potatoes at lunch. So for me, a protein shake thrown into the blender is the perfect meal in 1-minute that I can take on the go. Plus, my new book, The Sweet Potato Diet, also has a protein shake made of sweet potatoes and it tastes like dessert. This is perfect because I get a well-rounded meal that is super quick, super easy, and I can take it on the go.

When you are trying to build muscle, having the tools to know what to eat and how much to eat is absolutely crucial. It is all about getting enough protein and carbs into your body to fuel it and build muscle. Building muscle takes a lot of energy and to get energy, you need to eat. You also need to be sure that you are supplementing with the highest quality supplements out there, specifically when you are making a protein shake for your quick, on the go meals. Your supplements should be all natural and free of any artificial flavorings, colors, or sweeteners. A clean quality product is so important and that is why I have spent so much time and energy on making sure the Morellifit supplements are nothing but top of the line.

Perhaps the harder part of this equation is knowing how to cook these foods. People often think that eating is easy, but it is not easy if you end up eating the same thing day in and day out. It gets really old, really fast and before long, you want to throw in the towel. The simple solution is to figure out different ways to cook the right foods so that you are getting a different experience from your food. Your meals should be healthy and enjoyable! This is why the spiralizer, the cast iron skillet, and the blender are kitchen essentials that you cannot go without if you want to put on muscle. Plus, these are all tools I use in The Sweet Potato Diet to ensure each and every recipe is unique and amazing.



Via : http://workoutmagz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pyramid Sets vs Reverse Pyramid Training vs Straight Sets

Oatmeal Cookie Granola - Healthy Granola Recipe

All Natural Quinoa Protein Energy Bars