Women Share What They Love Hate About Modern Men

You’re probably aware of how much of an ass-kicking gender roles has been getting for the past few decades. The progress of feminism often leaves men feeling like they're left out of the equation entirely. You see, in order to discuss how we expect women to act in society, we must also discuss the ways in which it forces men to act in order to appear appealing.

Back before the '70s, men spent less time at home, and more time at the workplace. Studies also showed that during this time, men spent more weekend time on activities such as gardening and DIY projects than before. In a way, the rise of sexual freedom and political unrest gave way for a more modern man. Of course, masculinity has always been evolving and shifting given the culture climate, and before the '70s it was slowly shifting to accommodate trends and the economy. Then, the '90s saw a wave of hair gel and being more fluid with your mannerisms and attractions to other men. As time progressed, we saw the lines between what is masculine and what is considered feminine blur more and more.

I wanted to know how women today felt about the way we look at masculinity vs. masculinity of yesterday, so I asked 10 of my female friends about what they love and hate about the modern man:

“I love that men today don’t expect women to stay at home and be a dutiful housewife. I look back on those times where it was frowned upon for a woman to not stay at home and be in the workplace and I’m not sure I would be able to do it. As for what I hate? I hate that it’s more acceptable for men to cry. I know that sounds terrible, but there really is nothing sexy about a crying man.” - Olivia, 28

“I love that a guy is more willing to try out stuff with his butt than ever before, but I hate that the idea that men should be just as sensitive as women is more widely accepted. Sometimes I just need someone who is willing to be my rock -- you know?” - Paula, 25

“I hate that men nowadays paint their nails and dye their hair and worry more about what they’re wearing than girls do. However, I love that men these days are not afraid to know how to bake and cook. My last boyfriend was an amazing chef and I feel like more guys should be embracing their culinary sides.” - Nicki, 26

“I hate that guys these days aren’t expected to make the first move. No, sometimes girls want you to make the first move. Masculinity today is confusing in terms of who is supposed to be doing what in the dating cycle.” - Karen, 24

“Back a few decades ago a guy would pull out a chair for you, and open a door. It wasn’t sexist, it was nice! Now if a guy tries to do that they end up apologisng for it.” - Jessica, 27

“Sure, there have always been times where guys weren’t totally expected to have muscles, but now I feel like people think it’s way more normal for a guy to not take care of his body. Muscles are sexy, men!” - Lauren, 26

"Modern masculinity bothers me because men don’t feel like they need to be protectors anymore. Back in the '50s, the man was the head of a household but now we have a bunch of boys who don’t know how to be leaders.” - Christina, 31

RELATED: 13 Things You Didn't Realise Women Find Undeniably Sexy

“It really bothers me that there is no sense of urgency. This is a common trend in my generation, not just with masculinity, but there is no desire to grow up. Back in the day a man wanted to own a house, have a career, etc. Now there are guys who don’t feel like that role suits them at all and have no desire to work towards those things! I love how men aren’t afraid to be more open with their emotions, though!” - Caroline, 28

“I hate it how a guy doesn’t feel like he has to be romantic and I think the emphasis on sex has gone down. Believe it or not, sometimes girls don’t want to talk, we just want to have amazing sex.” - Rachel, 29

“I miss the decades of boy bands. All that hair, all those studded clothes. It was way more ‘cool’ to dress like a rock star than not, and those were the golden years! - Olivia, 27



Via : http://workoutmagz.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pyramid Sets vs Reverse Pyramid Training vs Straight Sets

Oatmeal Cookie Granola - Healthy Granola Recipe

All Natural Quinoa Protein Energy Bars